Friday, August 24, 2012

Desire


 Less than one month to France. My heart is yearning to be there, and yet time seems to still the closer I get to September 19. To fully explain my connection to France, perhaps I can show you some pictures that capture the essence of the beauty and exquisite wonder that exists in this full-of-history country. Because of the history, France is powerful. The history pulls at me, and makes me wonder at how the past and present are continuously and inseparably connected.

Seine River, Paris

Woods of Versailles
American Cemetery in Normandy

Normandy beach at twilight

Eiffel tower view through barbed wire

Concorde area, Paris 






2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I wish I was in your shoes!! Do you speak French? Where in France are you going to live? I hope your yourney will bring you new life-lessons and wisdom :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am super excited!! I took four years of French in college, including a semester abroad in Paris, so I have a decent grasp on the language – enough to get by, but hopefully this year will really solidify my French! I will be a small town called Mende – about 6 hours south of Paris. Kinda in the middle of nowhere, but the teachers I’ve corresponded with at the school are very friendly and say the students are excited to get to know me, so I’m thinking that will definitely help my French! I do get to spend a week in Paris when I first arrive, then we get four two-week breaks during our 7 month contract, so plenty of travel time!

      Delete